Top of The Pines Singer / Songwriter Contest Official Rules
$400 First Place prize
$200 Runner-up Prize
- Must be 20 years or older
- Video entry must be received and entry form completed to be entered
- You must be available for performances on December 12th and December 14th should you advance through the contest
- Can be original songs or cover songs, but cannot repeat the same song throughout the contest if you advance
- Cannot be accompanied by multiple additional musicians or vocalists, this is a solo competition. You may play an instrument yourself or sing with a pre-recorded track or have one person with one instrument accompany you with instrument only (no vocal accompaniment).
How to Win:
There are 3 rounds to the contest.
Round 1: Video entries will be accepted and uploaded to facebook as they are received along with the information from the form at right. We will allow voting on the videos from 12/8-12/11 at 5:00pm. Votes are "likes." There will be 10 contestants selected based on the videos with the most "likes" as of 5pm, 12/11 The 10 contestants will be announced and notified to be prepared to perform at 7:30 pm on December 12, 2017.
Round 2: December 12th the 10 contestants will each perform one song, which can be any song and should not be the one submitted in the video. It can be an original or cover. If the contestant will be playing an instrument, they will need to let us know by December 12 at noon so we can arrange sound requirements. If the contestant will be using an accompaniment track it will need to be provided in MP3 format. All contestants need to be present by 6:30 pm and performances begin at 7:30pm. Rounds 2 and 3 will be judged by the patrons in Liberty Bell as well as celebrity judges. The patrons' vote is based on popular vote only and is worth 60% of your score while the judges vote is worth 40%. A perfect combined score would equal 100. Judges scores will be given immediately while the patrons vote will be tallied after the final performance of the round. Round 2 will eliminate 4 of the 10 contestants, leaving 6 to move to round 3.
Round 3: December 14th the remaining 6 contestants will perform one song each (not the same song as in Rounds 1 or 2) and using the same scoring method as round 2, we will narrow it down to the top 3. The finals - Round 4 will immediately begin with the top three then performing 1 song each. The same scoring system will be used and our winner and runner up will be announced.
How to Enter:
Submit your video at the link on the right side of this page. Your video should be of one song and the video file should be titled your first and last name. The video must be able to be uploaded to Facebook for voting. The accepted file types are:
- 3g2 (Mobile Video)
- 3gp (Mobile Video)
- 3gpp (Mobile Video)
- asf (Windows Media Video)
- avi (AVI Video)
- dat (MPEG Video)
- divx (DIVX Video)
- dv (DV Video)
- A youtube link to the video may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, make sure to say "Contest Entry" and that it's clear what your first and last name is
The entry form on the right side of this page must also be submitted. Once it and your video have been submitted you will receive email confirmation with these rules and further instruction.